Phone: +91-814902192

Online Registration of Leave-License Agreement

FAQ - Registration Leave License Agreement

A Leave and License Agreement agreement that is signed before and scanned with the Government’s Registrar office is a registered agreement. This process is conducted and concluded with the office of Sub Registrar for a particular area.


It requires all owners (or PoA holder) and tenants to be present at one of the Registration offices in Pune at the scheduled date and time.


The Registrar or the Sub-Registrar usually checks the entire document and checks if adequate stamp duty is paid for the agreement. He also checks if the PoA holder is duly authorized and has appropriate powers to sign and register the agreement on behalf of the owner.


At the registration office, photos, signatures and thumb impression of the owners (or PoA holder) and tenant are taken and the entire agreement is scanned by the registrar.


A registered document becomes a public document and can be accessed in accordance with the legal procedures.

Registration being an electronic process depends upon the connection and speed of the centralized government server, for e.g. - if the central server is down or connectivity is slow, registration may take longer time.



1. Do review and approve the agreement before reaching the registration office.

2. Do bring the original documents such as ID proof, ownership proof (electricity bill, property tax bill, Index II) Power of Attorney and photo to the registration office.

3. Do verify your name in the local vernacular when asked to do so by the advocate.

4. Do arrive on the time given to you by our associate. No shows will be charged at full fees.



1. Don't get into arguments with the registrar and his deputies.

2. Don't get into arguments with the advocate at the registration office.

3. Don't forget to collect the originals and other proofs from our associate.


1. Mandatory by Law: Sec 55 of Maharashtra Rent Control Act makes it mandatory for the owner to get the L and L agreement registered. Owner can be punished with imprisonment up to 3 months or with fine upto Rs 5000 or with both if he contravenes provisions of this section.


2. Tenant needs it: Without a 'registered agreement' tenant cannot

- Buy a vehicle: RTO requires tenant to show registered agreement as address proof when passing the vehicle

- Apply for a Passport: Passport office requires tenant to show the registered agreement as an address proof

-Claim HRA deduction in Income Tax: many reputed companies stipulate their employees attach copies of registered agreements when claiming HRA. Hence, many tenants also avoid renting flats when owner cannot register the agreement.


3. Society Committee makes it mandatory: Many societies do not issue NOC to tenants for moving into the property unless copy of registered agreement and police verification of tenant is submitted to the Society. Societies have introduced fines up to Rs 15,000 if owner does not complete these formalities.